Tool and Die Maker
Set up and run most manually operated or conventional machine tools.
Essential Job Functions:
- Study blueprints, sketches, drawings, manual, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations and setup requirement.
- Compute dimensions, plan layout and determine assembly method and sequence of operations.
- Selects, aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow and depth and angle of cut.
- Independent set up, tool selection and operation of machine tools such as lathe, milling machine, EDM, grinder and peripheral equipment to machine parts to specifications.
- Verify conformance of finished workpiece to specifications using precision measuring pieces.
- Fit and assemble parts into complete assembly using jigs, fixtures, surface plate, hand tools and power tools.
Training and Work Experience Minimum Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years trade school, vocational education, work experience or apprenticeship.
Must possess Journeyman Tool and Die Maker credentials.
Essential Physical Demands:
- For up to 12 hours, sit, stand, walk on shop floor
- Push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor.
- Exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
- Exert 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or
- Exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Employee must also be able to read machine gauges, blueprints and measuring instruments.
Measures of Excellence:
- Success will be measured by the ability to manufacture parts within the required specifications and budgeted hours.
Collaborative, transparent, and reliable, NuTec Tooling Systems designs and builds custom automation solutions for OEM and large industrial manufacturers looking to grow or innovate within their industry segment.
NuTec has been recognized as one of the top employers in the area. That's because we believe the key to operational excellence depends on people, and to that end we strive to hire the best while providing a positive environment that accounts for people's quality of life through competitive benefits and employee programs. As a family-owned business, we care about the welfare of our people and want to ensure they have a healthy work-life balance.