Responsible for the timely and cost-effective development, design and production of equipment to meet the customer’s expectations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as the primary liaison with the customer on both solicited and assigned projects. Focus all communications to enhance the partnership between NuTec and its customers.
- Conceive and estimate solutions for customers.
- Plan and organize the project in a manner to identify and mitigate potential risks.
- Provide leadership in troubleshooting problems and resolving customer complaints.
- Project and control design and material costs on assigned projects.
- Provide technical and administrative direction for the activities of engineering, design and manufacture of the equipment.
- Communicate verbally and in written form, both internally and externally. Document key positions with the customer and provide required documentation to internal processes.
- Provide design concepts and sketches to others as required. Review and approve all designs, work orders and schedules.
- Improve design and performance through field observation, contact with customers, and contact with others knowledgeable in our industry.
- Keep abreast of industry and competitive developments and new products. Develop and enhance new products. This includes design and operation simplification, cost reduction and sales appeal.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
Technical-based Associate degree minimum with a 4-year degree preferred. At least 5 years’ experience in a directly related field (Engineering, Project Management, Tool Room, Mechanical Assembly. Excellent communication, decision-making and management skills are required.
Collaborative, transparent, and reliable, NuTec Tooling Systems designs and builds custom automation solutions for OEM and large industrial manufacturers looking to grow or innovate within their industry segment.
NuTec has been recognized as one of the top employers in the area. That's because we believe the key to operational excellence depends on people, and to that end we strive to hire the best while providing a positive environment that accounts for people's quality of life through competitive benefits and employee programs. As a family-owned business, we care about the welfare of our people and want to ensure they have a healthy work-life balance.