Work independently to design, program, troubleshoot, and assist with startup of electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic power and control systems for specialized automation machines.
Design circuit and layout drawings of control and power panels in accordance with NEC and Corporate standards.
Do required programming and debugging of control software, including PLC’s, HMIs, Servo Drives, vision inspection systems, wide range of industrial robots.
Review sales and engineering information with Project Manager and Electrical Supervisor. Check time and material budget. Notify supervisor or Project Manager if engineering estimates differ from budget.
Identify long-lead purchased items and prepare sufficient information, in a timely fashion, to order material and provide electrical drawings for assembly and job documentation.
Design and detail electric, pneumatic, and hydraulic drawings as required to meet all specifications.
Check drawings prior to releasing to shop. Make sure they agree with mechanical design and customer requirements.
Make sure drawings are functional to allow the electric department to do the job efficiently.
Travel to customer’s facility for install and field service.
Assist shop personnel in checking or trouble shooting equipment as required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Effectiveness in application of technology to furnish safe, high quality equipment and information.
- Accuracy of and adherence to design hour and material cost estimates.
- Success in forecasting and meeting your own projections and completion dates.
- Degree of respect and cooperation elicited within and outside NuTec Tooling Systems.
Training and Work Experience Requirements:
- 4-year technical degree and / or 10 years of progressive engineering related experience.
- Computer and office software skills.
- Communication skills.
Measures of Excellence:
- Represent the corporation to the public in a manner that will enhance personal as well as corporate reputation.
- Emphasize process and productivity structure that provide predictable operational results.
- The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and feral laws.
Collaborative, transparent, and reliable, NuTec Tooling Systems designs and builds custom automation solutions for OEM and large industrial manufacturers looking to grow or innovate within their industry segment.
NuTec has been recognized as one of the top employers in the area. That's because we believe the key to operational excellence depends on people, and to that end we strive to hire the best while providing a positive environment that accounts for people's quality of life through competitive benefits and employee programs. As a family-owned business, we care about the welfare of our people and want to ensure they have a healthy work-life balance.